Monday, November 8, 2010
















Fishing in Englewood and Boca Grande has been extremely good this year. The Snook bite has been very crazy, with many trophy fish doing their part to destroy tackle and bruise egos. Those big female Snook really know how to smoke the line into the mangroves! My boat has seen more Gator Trout caught this year than I have seen in my life. Catching 24 inch Seatrout on light tackle topwater plugs is high on my list of favorites. Don't even get me started on the Redfish action! The year started out sort of slow with the bronze brawlers. But this summer and fall has been wide open with crazed schools of hundreds of Redfish in the 26-35 inch range. At least two of my reels have worn out completely from the abuse they endured from epic Redfish action. Now that winter is here, I am getting into the swing of fishing the negative low tides. Snook, Trout, and Redfish are all on the move and very hungry. I am really looking forward to fishing the next set of low tides and cold fronts!

No comments:

Post a Comment