Thursday, November 18, 2010

Some of the last weeks action!







So the water is getting a few degrees colder and whitebait is still around, but very sparse. But there are plenty of mullet. So I make one throw with the mullet net and I have enough for cutbait to last the whole day, even some to bring home for smoking and grilling. The mullet right now are nice and fat and delicious! Not only for me, but for the Redfish, Trout, and Snook as well. My game plan the last few weeks has been to deploy three rods baited with chunks of mullet, and cast topwaters or soft plastic baits while waiting for the chunks to get eaten. The topwaters have been producing some quality Trout, and some puppy drum. The big over-slot Redfish have been eating the mullet chunks. I have been catching some small snook on the lures and the chunk, and it is only a matter of time before a big girl eats one of the chunks. I have been seeing the big female Snook everywhere. They are in Lemon bay and Cayo Costa and everywhere in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment